I’m playing along with Patrick’s Place today for Saturday Six. Join me!
1. R is for RACONTEUR: Who in your family is the greatest storyteller, and have you ever considered doing a blog post about that person?
I think the greatest storyteller in our family is my dad. Not only does he have pretty cool police stories, he has neat stories about his childhood. I haven’t ever considered doing a story on my dad, although I’ve talked about him in posts before.
2. R is for RAGMATICAL: Of the locations you frequent, where do you normally see the most out-of-control children?
I think I see the most out-of-control children at Starbucks, but especially when I’m there trying to read a book for school, where I need to read for comprehension. It drives me nuts.
3. R is for RANCID: How old is the oldest item in your refrigerator?
The oldest thing in our refrigerator is probably some kind of condiment. There’s not much over a year old because we just moved a little over a year ago.
4. R is for REFUND: Do you generally bank a tax refund, spend it on something new, or use it to pay down your bills?
We do generally bank our tax refund and use it for something big. We’ve paid off our credit debt and gone on vacations before. This year we are using it to go on a 22-day road trip from San Diego, California to Portland, Oregon to celebrate our 25th anniversary.
5. R is for REGIUS: If you had the chance to meet one of the following, which would you be more likely to choose: the U.S. President, the King or Queen of England, or the Pope?
I think I would like to meet the Pope. While I’m not Roman Catholic, I think that Pope Francis is a fascinating man and I’d like to know more about him personally.
6. R is for ROOM: Which room of your home is your favorite and why?
I like our living room when all the windows are thrown open and the cool spring or fall air is flowing through it. Give me a cup of coffee and a good book and I’m all set.